Taking a cue from video games, a new idea for therapy
Researcher Kelli Dunlap is creating game-based therapy for war veterans that focuses on completing smaller tasks to eventually reach the goal of recovery. "Recovery programs tend to be problem-focused, but Dunlap’s design emphasizes positive, practical goals, said Tracela White, a clinical psychologist at the veterans hospital."
More Like This
- A School Distanced From Technology Faces Its Intrusion
- Instagram Alternatives: 11 Photo-Sharing Apps To Consider In Light Of New Terms Of Service
- Coding the future: HTML5 takes the internet by storm
- Luring Young Web Warriors Is Priority. It’s Also a Game.
- 5 Teaching Tips for Professors From Video Games