New White House Effort Hopes to Spur Broadband Access and App Development
The White House and the National Science Foundation have announced a new technology effort, called U.S. Ignite, which will partner various government departments with start-ups, businesses, and universities developing wireless technologies. One of the main goals of the initiative is to engage students in technology development by bringing the "gigabit speeds and and next-gen networks to the dorm room."
More Like This
- Parnership to Bring Ultrahigh-Speed Internet to Six Communities
- The Broadband Imperative: Recommendations to Address K-12 Educational Infrastructure Needs
- Our Schools, Cut Off From the Web
- Next-Generation Search: Software Bots Will Anticipate Your Needs
- Polymer Batteries for Next-Generation Electronics